The Student News Site of Hazelwood West High School

Wildcat Post

Wildcat Post

Wildcat Post

10/30 – 11/5: Emerence Thyssen

Emerence Thyssen is the athlete of the week during 10/30 – 11/5. Thyssen is a 12th grader and was on the Tennis JV team. Thyssen started playing Tennis this year. On game day. Thyssen pregame was eating a nice and healthy meal before her matches. Thyssen loved to get hype before a game and her song was “Last Friday Night” by Katy Perry.

Thyssen’s favorite memory of playing Tennis is when the team huddled together and yelled, “ONE TWO THREE, CATS”, when they broke. Her inspiration to play Tennis is her friend in Belgium, Thyssen would always go and watch her friend play tennis, also growing up she watched her parents play as well. Thyssen loves to play tennis because the team was always great to her and the team always treated her nice and it was a cool experience playing in the US.

Even in the classroom Thyssen is also a star. Thyssen’s favorite class is creative writing because It helps improve her English and she loves to create her own stories . Thyssen plans after high school consist of going back to Belgium and going to  University.

Wish Thyssen good luck when she resumes her tennis playing back in Belgium

Thyssen’s mantra is: “I can do it no matter what”