The Student News Site of Hazelwood West High School

Wildcat Post

Wildcat Post

Wildcat Post

4/29- 5/3: Sydnee Patterson

Sydnee (Syd) Patterson is the athlete of the week during the week of 4/29-5/3. Syd is a senior on the Varsity Soccer team. Syd has been playing soccer for 10 years . On game day Syd’s pregame ritual consists of listening to music. Syd loves to get hype before a game and her go-to song is any song by Lil Wayne. 

Syd’s favorite memory playing soccer is from when she was younger and her team got purple cupcakes but she didn’t like them so she just stood by herself. Her inspiration to play soccer is her love for the sport. Syd loves to play soccer because it’s competitive and you have to perform well together as a team to win.

Syd plays defense on the field, but in the classroom she’s even better. Syd’s favorite class is painting because it’s relaxing and she gets to be as creative as she wants to. Syd’s plans after high school consist of going to college and majoring in Chemistry.

Come support your fellow Wildcat, and Athlete of the week on 5/29 at .

A meaningful quote to Syd is, “I made many mistakes, but I learned from everything. I still make mistakes; I still learn from them. Nobody is perfect.” -Ziatan Ibrahimovic