The Student News Site of Hazelwood West High School

Wildcat Post

Wildcat Post

Wildcat Post

2/12 – 2/16: Tamia Coleman-Hawkins

Tamia Coleman- Hawkins is the athlete of the week during 2/12-2/16. Hawkins is a Junior on the Varsity team. This is Hawkins first year wrestling. On gameday Hawkins pregame ritual consists of watching the matches before her and listening to music. Hawkins loves to get hype before a game and her go to song is just anything that is fast paced and energizing. 

Hawkins favorite memory wrestling is being able to wrestle with the other girls on the team and watching everyone get better throughout the season. Hawkins’ inspiration to wrestle is Lexington Johnson, she was a freshman last year who qualified for state her first year. Hawkins loves to wrestle because she loves how much of a challenge it is and it tests her strengths physically and mentally.

Hawkins excels on the mats, but in the classroom she’s even better. Hawkins favorite class is entrepreneurship  because of the community built in that class and everything you gain from it is very beneficial. Hawkins plans after highschool consist of either going to college, culinary school or just focusing on her business. 

A personal quote Hawkins lives by is , “Don’t dream big, dream bigger.”

View Comments (1)
Donate to Wildcat Post

Your donation will support the student journalists of Hazelwood West High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.