The Student News Site of Hazelwood West High School

Wildcat Post

Wildcat Post

Wildcat Post

10/9-10/15: Cam Jones

Cameron “Cam” Jones is the athlete of the week from October 9 – 15.

Jones is a sophomore on the Varsity soccer team. Jones has been playing soccer for 7 years. On gameday Jones’ pregame ritual consists of eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and chugging a bottle of water. Jones loves to get hyped before a game and his go-to song is Playboi Carti’s “RIP”.

Jones’ favorite memory of playing soccer is winning conference his freshman year, and his inspiration to play soccer is Lionel Messi. Jones loves to play soccer because he likes running around and it is very fast-paced.

Jones plays right-mid on the field, but in the classroom, he’s even better. Jones’s favorite class is Honors English II because he loves writing and Mrs. Ebert. Jones’ plans after high school consist of going to college and studying computer science. 

Come support your fellow Wildcat, and Athlete of the Week on October 9th against Pattonville..

“Don’t let your life be like a soccer ball, don’t let it kick you around” Jones said.