The Student News Site of Hazelwood West High School

Wildcat Post

Wildcat Post

Wildcat Post

Student Spotlight: Taliyah Cochran

Taliyah Cochran

Recently at Hazelwood West High School, content creators have been popping up and promoting their channels in creative ways. One of these stars is student, Taliyah Cochran. She’s currently a senior at Hazelwood West and will be graduating in 2024, she also holds a 3.0 GPA average.

Cochran gets her inspiration from well-known YouTuber Mycariah Jenae. At age 13, Cochran started her YouTube career, and after a lot of hard work and dedication, she has decided to take a break from her fame as of August 2022. A year later she decided to give it another try.

“I wanted to put out a message that anyone can do what they put their mind to,” Cochran said. 

Coming up with different video ideas can be hard, challenging, and mentally draining. A way that helps Cochran find ideas is just simply scrolling through TikTok. Getting ideas from different people and social media platforms can help you stay up to date, which is what keeps your views going for all videos. In Cochran’s videos she does vlogs, school prepping, work, and more. Her way of expressing herself is making videos, it’s what makes her happy.

We all live with regrets but sometimes are afraid to stand on it, and move past it. Cochran decided to let go of some of her regrets which were her consistency, mental, and almost walking out on one of her big dreams. 

“Stay true to yourself, and love yourself first otherwise nobody will” Cochran said. 

Being a content creator isn’t the only big dream Cochran has. Cochran wants to major in being a Pediatric nurse, and minor in Business. Some schools that she has in mind are Clark Atlanta and Spelman University. She will continue her YouTube career while also going to nursing school.

Cochran has upcoming plans as she says “Bigger things, bigger purchases.”  So Hazelwood West will continue to cheer on Cochran as she strives for success. 

Instagram – @diortvvvvv

Youtube – LiyahDior Tv