The Student News Site of Hazelwood West High School

Wildcat Post

Wildcat Post

Wildcat Post

2/5 – 2/9 : Bella Adkins

2/5 - 2/9 : Bella Adkins

Isabella (Bella) Adkins is the athlete of the week during the week of February 5th-9th. Adkins is a senior on the Women’s Varsity Basketball team. Adkins has been playing basketball for 8 years. On game day Adkins’ pregame ritual consists of putting one Christmas sock over top of her basketball sock. Adkins loves to get hype before a game and her go to song is Straight Outta Compton by N.W.A, 

Adkins’ favorite memory playing basketball is scoring 20 points in an AAU game, and her inspiration to hoop is getting better every time she plays. Adkins loves to play basketball because she loves the girls she plays with. Adkins said

“Playing with the same girls for so long creates a bond like never before.”

Adkins plays small forward on the court, but in the classroom she’s even better. Adkins’ favorite class is Drawing and Advanced Apparels and Textiles because she can truly express who she is in those classes. Adkins’ plans after high school consist of going to college at St. Louis Community College- Meramec. She plans on playing basketball if she is given the opportunity. 

Come support your fellow Wildcat, and Athlete of the week on February 8th for their next home game at Hazelwood West.

A quote Adkins lives by is, “My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength.” -Michael Jordan.