The Student News Site of Hazelwood West High School

Wildcat Post

Wildcat Post

Wildcat Post

Ultimate Guide to an American Thanksgiving

It’s a feast with delicious dishes that will make your taste buds dance. One of the main stars of the Thanksgiving table is roast turkey, typically served with a rich and savory gravy. The turkey is often seasoned and roasted to perfection, creating a juicy and flavorful centerpiece. 

This is one thing that is like 50/50 with America, stuffing or dressing as some people call it. It’s a must-have side dish or served with turkey, made with breadcrumbs, herbs, chicken or turkey (shared) and more. The stuffing is usually baked until golden brown adding a delightful crunch and a burst of flavor to every bite.

Next, we have creamy mashed potatoes. They’re smooth, buttery, and so comforting sometimes loaded. Mashed potatoes are often served with a dollop of gravy adding another layer of yumminess to the dish. 

Another side dish is collard greens. This dish combines any part of the turkey, seasons like garlic, onions, and vinegar to enhance their taste. Some people also like to add a touch of heat with hot sauce or red pepper flakes. The result is a hearty and flavorful dish that pairs well with other Thanksgiving favorites like cornbread and mac n’ cheese, sometimes yams. 

Last but not least, we can’t forget about pumpkin pie, it’s the quintessential Thanksgiving dessert with its creamy pumpkin filling and warm spices, a slice of pumpkin pie is the perfect sweet ending to a wonderful Thanksgiving meal. 

Hoping that gives you a perfect dive into an American Thanksgiving meal. Flavors that can bring family and friends together.

Fun fact “President Roosevelt signed the resolution on December 26, 1941, establishing the fourth Thursday in November as the federal Thanksgiving Day holiday.”