The Student News Site of Hazelwood West High School

Wildcat Post

Wildcat Post

Wildcat Post

Winter Sports Preview

There are a handful of Winter sports at Hazelwood West. The different sports consist of Boys and Girls Basketball,  Girls Swim, Boys and Girls Wrestling and also the Pridettes. 

Girls and Boys Basketball

The girls and boys have been doing well the past couple of years and hopefully continuing the streak going into the 2024 season. Both the girls and boys teams offer Freshman, JV, and Varsity. Some players returning for their senior year are Trinity Crumer, Niyah Smith and Taylor Jones for the girls team and Anthony Miller, Jamar Pierce and Geordin Plummer for the boys. 

Girls swim

The girls swim team is back for their 2024 season and they are ready to begin gliding through the water. The girls swim team only offers a Varsity team. In their previous season, they won the conference and are hoping to own another conference title this 2024 season. Some of the returning 12th grade swimmers are Molly Berendzen, Kylie Forbes and Laura Westberg.

Boys and Girls wrestling

Here at west we also have boys and girls wrestling during the winter. With their large roster, they will have all sorts of students representing West. Both wrestling teams only offer a varsity team but with all the hard training hopefully our West wrestlers can make our opponents tap out and come out on top. Some of the returning boy wrestlers are Xavier Coleman , Domanik Simmons and Alexander Grass. For the girl wrestlers returning will be Jada Pulliam and Tamia Coleman-Hawkins. 

Pridettes

At Hazelwood West High the Pridettes, the West dance team, are ready to give all the West spirits. The Pridettes support and compete at West sports home games to represent the wildcats. The Pridettes took second last year in Hip Hop and are willing to put anything on the line to come first this year. Some of the Pridettes returning are Tonecia Gamble , Kyla Black and Rhiyana Jackson. 

Come out and support all of your fellow Wildcats!! Use ArbeterLive  for details about schedules.