The Student News Site of Hazelwood West High School

Wildcat Post

Wildcat Post

Wildcat Post

Music Tastes of Hazelwood West

Hazelwood West is a very diverse school with an even more diverse taste of music. This music can range from R&B, Alternative, Rock, Rap, Hiphop, and even Jazz. Music is one of the ways our students like to express themselves and make some school days just a little more bearable. 

D’Wayne Belk, A Junior at Hazelwood West High School, enjoys listening to “Fear Of God” by Skilla Baby. The genre of this song is Hip-Hop/Rap. Belks favorite part of the song is the best choice. If Belk had to recommend another song by Skilla Baby he would recommend “Tay B Style”.

Anthony Miller, a Senior at Hazelwood West Highschool, likes listening to Hotboii’s “WTF”. This song is also a Hip-Hop/Rap song. Millers favorite part of the song is the lyrics, specifically when Hotboii says “Look me in my eyes”. If Miller had to recommend more Hotboii songs he would recommend “Don’t need time” and “Me, Myself And I”.

Bethany Thompson, a Junior at Hazelwood West Highschool, loves listening to “Love Galore” By SZA. This song is an R&B/ Soul song. Thompson’s favorite part of the song is the bridge. If Thompson had to recommend another song by SZA she would recommend the entire “SOS” album.

Clay Williams, a Senior at Hazelwood West Highschool, is very fond of Izaya Tiji’s “Mac & Cheese”. This is an Underground Hip-Hop/Rap Song. Williams favorite part of the song is “The first verse accompanied with the beat”. Williams recommendations are “Thats My Dawg”, “Call Of Duty”, and “Been Knew That”, all by Izaya Tiji.

On a personal note, my favorite song currently is “sol” by Che. I love the unique beat and the almost incomprehensible lyrics.