The Student News Site of Hazelwood West High School

Wildcat Post

Wildcat Post

Wildcat Post

The Importance of Checking Your Email

Ever wondered why there are so many reminders to check your email? Whether it be something that was overheard on the morning and afternoon announcements or just a simple mention from a teacher in class, the answer is fairly straightforward. Almost every day, there is a student here at Hazelwood West who misses out on vital information or amazing opportunities because they made the mistake of not checking their emails. 

Senior Lindsay Wagoner gave a wonderful example that will be sure to give some motivation to open up that notification. Last semester, Wagoner received an email about a chance to go on a college visit to two different schools that had been organized by the counselors. What interested her the most was the fact that one of the schools being visited was her future stomping grounds, the University of Missouri-Columbia (Mizzou). The provided transportation and lunch was also a nice bonus. While this may not have been a very common occurrence, Wagoner knows that if  she hadn’t checked that email she would have never known about the event or would have found out far too late and lost her spot on the trip. 

Also teachers who communicate with their students through email. For example, when confronted with the question, Joshua Winstral, a teacher in the math department at Hazelwood West, spoke about how he relays all information over email and when students fail to check their inbox they miss out on lots of important information and most tend to fall behind. 

Overall, These are just a few reasons why it is vital that everyone should check their email. So many have missed out on opportunities or other vital pieces of information due to their lack of checking their email. Check your email and live life with a peace of mind.