The Student News Site of Hazelwood West High School

Wildcat Post

Wildcat Post

Wildcat Post

Texas Rangers: World Series Season

The Texas Rangers had an exciting and eventful 2023 season. They started the year with high hopes and a very talented roster. As any other team, they had ups and downs but they stuck through it and showed determination.

They got off to a very strong start, winning several games and displaying their offensive firepower. Some standout players on the team are Corey Seager, Joey Gallo and Adolis Garcia. With Joey Gallo hitting 21 home runs and Adolis Garcia hitting 39. With these numbers, the Rangers were a force to be reckoned with and were able to produce runs easily. 

On the defensive side of the game, they were arguably just as good as the offensive side. They did face some challenges with their pitching staff including some early injuries and one crucial one with Jacob DeGrom who missed most of the season with a UCL injury. With these injuries, some young and upcoming stars were able to step up and help the team. Dane Dunning and Taylor Hearn were able to solidify their roles in the roster.

Coming up to the trade deadline and the all-star break the Rangers made some big moves to acquire depth to their roster. They fixed their pitching struggles by trading for a veteran pitcher Max Scherzer. He brought leadership and guidance to the younger players on the roster. They also traded for Jordan Montgomery who was great for them in the games he pitched.

In the later end of the season, they faced tough rivals in their division. They had many back-to-back exciting games that brought their audience count to an all-time high. They ended up tying for first place in their division with the Houston Astros, going 90-72.

In the first round of the playoffs, The Rangers played The Baltimore Orioles in a best-out-of-five series. The Rangers made easy work beating them three games in a row to move on to the next round. 

In the next round, they would go against The Houston Astros in a best-of-seven series. This was a very exciting series since these were the two best teams in the American League. These two teams went at it and played all seven games to decide who was moving on to the World Series. The Rangers came on top winning the series 4-3. 

In The World Series, the Rangers played The Arizona Diamondbacks in another best-of-seven series. This series was way more sided with the Rangers being the better team every game. They ended the series quickly with a 4-1 ending. 

With the Rangers winning the World Series they are going into next season with a chip on their shoulder and very high expectations for themselves. They would love to run it back again and win another World Series.