The Student News Site of Hazelwood West High School

Wildcat Post

Wildcat Post

Wildcat Post

Hazelwood West Homecoming Recap

Hazelwood West High’s Homecoming this year was one to remember. With the spirit week themes throughout the week, the parade Saturday morning and the first ever ‘Friday Night Lights’ football game in West history. The dance was also a great event and memories were made. Being the first Homecoming for the class of ‘27 and the last one for the class of  ‘24.

The first ‘Friday Night Lights’ game was one to remember. Even though the wildcats did not come on top for the victory against Fox High. It was still a good game with the score ending up being 14-50. The Hazelwood football team is now 3-5 and is hoping to finish the season strong with a win over Kirkwood for senior night this Friday.

West had many student representatives running for Homecoming King and Queen, some being Kyla Black, Tori Vasquez, Daniel Lee, Ty’Aira Hawkins, Bryce Brady, and Arianna Galmore. They all did an excellent job with their campaigns and were all good choices for Homecoming King and Queen. In the second half of the dance the winners were announced and we had Bryce Brady as our 2023 Homecoming King and Arianna Galmore as our 2023 Homecoming Queen.

To end off the Homecoming dance some people sat in the cafeteria with friends, some found their ways to the exit to call it a night and most stayed in the gym dancing to music. It was very obvious that the overall favorite song of the night was Skeeyee by Sexy Red. I hope everyone had a great homecoming and made many memories.

“I had a great time at the dance and I am sad that it was my last one.” Senior Daniel Lee said.