The Student News Site of Hazelwood West High School

Wildcat Post

Wildcat Post

Wildcat Post

Where is He Now: Marvin Treadway

As the school year comes to an end, Marvin Treadway’s business, which was previously spotlighted in September, has been blossoming more and more ever since the article was published. To recap, Treadway is a Senior at Hazelwood West High School who currently has a well-known clothing brand throughout the St. Louis area. He hand creates his designs varying from acrylic paint to spray paint, and makes his stencils. He did three photoshoots and a brand collaboration with another well-known brand TOOSMILEY just this year and more planned for the future. 

At first, Treadway wanted to major in fashion design but he officially decided he wanted to major in graphic design and entrepreneurship at Missouri Western. Go Griffons!

“I’m going for graphic design and entrepreneurship, I changed it because I wanted to try majoring in something that helps my business,” Treadway said.

Treadway recently hit the one-year mark with the brand MARVIN PROJECT. He started it in 2023 and had the opportunity to walk Mrs. Foxworth’s “Walk It Like I Talk It” entrepreneurship showcase at Hazelwood West High School where he got to show off his artistic talents on the clothing. 

“What keeps me motivated is my mom. She’s very proud of me. She helps with my customer base and manages me simultaneously. Another thing is making money doing something I love for the customers that I receive and being able to enjoy the environment that I work in,” Treadway said.

As MARVIN PROJECT grows the products and designs grow also. Treadway still does jackets, hoodies, crewnecks and tote bags but he has since added iPad cases, shirts, beanies and shorts. 

“My design changed by me making my stencils and showing more effort into the product and building a stronger customer relationship,” Treadway said.

Overcoming hardships often requires resilience, perseverance and a positive mindset, but for Treadway, he prefers to face the challenges head-on. Treadway learns from them, and uses them to grow. 

“The hardships were keeping everybody’s orders in line, it was challenging and stressful doing it alone but I needed time to adapt for me and my business,” Treadway said.

Being inspired can be an easy thing to do but staying inspired can be a hard task, one must set meaningful goals and find a purpose in your work or hobby. Treadway emphasizes his dedication to maintaining a curious and open mindset. 

“Staying inspired involved me being around positive influences towards my business. By coming up with new designs to make my customers happy, being involved in their happiness, and celebrating the achievements I have made along the way,” Treadway said.

Treadway’s words of advice for up-and-coming young entrepreneurs:

“Words of advice is to stick to what you like doing. When I first started my hoodies were not where they are now, I have a different style and I’m way more diverse in my designs!”