The Student News Site of Hazelwood West High School

Wildcat Post

Wildcat Post

Wildcat Post

Israel and Palestine Conflict Update

Israel and Palestine Conflict Update

Tensions have been rising between Israel and Palestine. It involves many different factors like political, religious and historical. Since October there have been clashes and violence in Jerusalem, particularly around the Al-Aqsa Mosque. One of the holiest sites in Islam and the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood where Palestine families are facing evacuation.

Since October 2023 both sides have been launching rockets, bombs and airstrikes. Hamas, the Palestinian military group, has been firing rockets toward Israeli cities while Israel has been sending airstrikes on Gaza targeting Hamas infrastructure.

Civilians including children have been dying from all this conflict. Many people have been forced to flee their homes and relocate to emergency shelters or left homeless in the chaos. Halfway into October international efforts made their way over to try to de-escalate the situation. Many countries and organizations have been pleading for a ceasefire and for both sides to come to a verbal agreement.

Around the world, this conflict is getting many people’s attention starting to protest with them either picking a side with Israel and Palestine. They started boycotting companies who supported the opposing side.

With all the chaos going on, Gaza is running out of supplies needed to survive. Including drinkable water and low food supplies. Aid organizations are trying their hardest to send over supplies such as clothes, food and hygiene products so the people in Gaza can have all the things they need.

This conflict is still going on till this day, both sides will not give in and settle everything peacefully. Hopefully Both sides can find peace one day and the civilians are able to get back to their regular lives soon.